Wellington Physiotherapy Associates in Downtown Guelph provides physiotherapy treatment for individuals suffering from Lymphedema
Lymphedema physiotherapy provides relief from excessive swelling due to blockages in an individual's lymph nodes which prevents efficient drainage of lymph fluid. Lymph Fluid is a bodily fluid that carries bacteria to the body's lymph nodes where the bacteria is ultimately disposed of. When these blockages occur, the individual suffers from excessive swelling in the involved limbs. Your Licensed Physiotherapist at Wellington Physiotherapy will provide relief from this excessive swelling in the form of manual drainage massage which is meant to encourage more natural flow of the lymph fluid.
In addition to the manual lymphatic drainage massage, the licensed physiotherapist can also prescribe such treatments as compression garments, limb elevation and exercise to augment the manual massage treatments.
Outcome Goals of Lymphatic Drainage Physiotherapy at Wellington Physiotherapy Associates in Downtown Guelph.
- - Decrease Pain.
- - Decrease the volume of Lymph Fluid in the affected limb.
- - Improve range-of-motion in the affected limb.
- - Creative positive outlook for the discouraged individual.
- - Improve function
What can you expect from Lymphatic Drainage Physiotherapy at Wellington Physiotherapy Associates in Downtown Guelph?
- - A 60-minute manual massage treatment administered by and experienced licensed physiotherapist in a private physiotherapy room
- - Your licensed physiotherapist will design and individualized exercise program including range-of-motion, stretching and strengthening exercise with the intention of restoring the optimum function of the affected limb.
- - Patient education with the goal of maintaining decreased levels of edema and increased levels of function.
- - Access to medical-grade compression garments to be worn on the affected limbs in the spirit of maintaining any gains made in the reduction of edema.
How do I access Lymphatic Drainage Physiotherapy at Wellington Physiotherapy Associates in Downtown Guelph?
Contact Wellington Physiotherapy Associates and request an appointment with an licensed physiotherapist experienced in the treatment of patients suffering from lymphedema.